Poster Presentation Awards
Every year at the annual scientific meeting, the ASA awards one person from each of the poster categories a poster presentation award.
All abstracts accepted for a poster discussion by peer review are eligible for a poster presentation award. One award will be given for each poster discussion symposium (usually 10 per year). Seniority and experience are taken into consideration when assessing for this award.
This award is assessed by the Chairpeople of each session on three criteria:
- Scientific quality - e.g. novelty of hypothesis, methodology, impact to the field
- Presentation quality - e.g. oral presentation skills, visual aids, ability to answer questions
- Poster quality - e.g. layout, balance of text and tables/figures, quality and completeness of information
Recipients of the poster presentation awards will be acknowledged at Sleep DownUnder and on the ASA website.
- Kathleen Maddison - OSA - a clinical perspective
- Kristina Cook - Assessment and physiological consequences of sleep disorders
- Ramaa Puvvadi - Advanced trainee poster discussion
- Rebecca Harding - Sleep health in childhood
- Yi Yang Yap - Sleep health in our communities
- Emily Pattison - Responses and effects of OSA treatment modalities
- Aidan Weichard - Paediatric sleep disordered breathing 2: Brain, heart and NIV
- Elise Mcglashan - Short, long and shifting sleep: Effects on rhythm and performance
- Chloe Parsley - Optimising assessment of sleep breathing disorders
- Kellie Hamill - Disorders of initiating and maintaining sleep: Effects on health and well-being
Poster presentation awards 2017
Poster presentation awards 2016
Poster presentation awards 2015