Challenges managing less common sleep disorders in primary care and the importance of collaborative care
Dr Kerry Hancock, General Practitioner, Chandlers Hills Surgery, Adelaide
Assessment, management and referral options for narcolepsy
Dr Sheila Sivam, BSc. (Med) MD FRACP, Respiratory and Sleep Physician, Woolcock Institute of Medical Research
Dr Sivam is a Respiratory and Sleep Medicine Staff Specialist at Royal Prince Alfred Hospital, Sydney and helped establish and run the Narcolepsy and Hypersomnolence Clinic at the Woolcock Institute of Medical Research in Glebe, NSW
Assessment, management and referral options for restless legs syndrome
Professor Brendon Yee, MBChB, PhD, FRACP, Respiratory and Sleep Physician, Woolcock Institute of Medical Research
Professor Brendon Yee is a respiratory and sleep physician, Department of Respiratory and Sleep Medicine, Woolcock Institute of Medical Research, Royal Prince Alfred Hospital, Sydney, New South Wales
Assessment, management and referral options for REM sleep behaviour disorder
Professor Simon Lewis, MBBCh BSc FRCP FRACP MD, Professor of Cognitive Neuroscience Brain & Mind Centre, School of Medical Science
University of Sydney
Professor Lewis is a consultant neurologist and Professor of Cognitive Neuroscience at the University of Sydney, is the Clinical Director of the Ageing Brain Clinic and Director of the Parkinson's Disease Research Clinic at the Brain & Mind Centre, and heads the NSW Movement Disorders Brain Donor program.
What are the 3 key points that the audience will take away after attending this webinar?
- Knowledge about best practice assessment and treatment for the less common sleep disorders narcolepsy, Restless Leg Syndrome and REM sleep behaviour disorder
- Referral pathways to specialist services for less common sleep disorders
- Means of communicating between primary care and specialist services for patient continuity
Who would benefit from attending this webinar?
Those health professionals interested in the 3 specific conditions
This webinar is free for healthcare practitioners. To register you will need to log in with your member details, or create an account on this website if you're not a member.
The webinar will be recorded and made available online afterwards. By registering to attend, you are giving your permission to be recorded.
- You will need to finalise your registration through the shopping cart, even if you are registering for free
- You will receive an email from Zoom with joining instructions one hour before the webinar starts.
- This email will include your unique link to take you straight to the webinar
- Enquiries about this webinar should be directed to Mischka Yates
Date: Tuesday, 27 September 2022
Time: 5:30pm - NSW, VIC, QLD, ACT and TAS
5:00pm - SA and NT
3:30pm - WA
7:30pm - NZ
This webinar is proudly sponsored by: