Irrregular working hours and sleep
The Sleep Week session on occupational health, safety and performance features two expert speakers and three oral presentations on aspects related to irregular working hours and sleep.
Laura K Barger from Harvard Medical School, USA, presents on shift work and circadian challenges on the International Space Station, in a 105-day simulation study in Moscow and in the Phoenix Mars Lander project. Fatigue countermeasures used in those situations will also be presented. Jill Dorrian's presentation focuses on the types of coping strategies that are used by shift workers and will discuss the effectiveness of these strategies in maintaining performance and vigilance while at work and aiding sleep between shifts.
- Shift work and circadian challenges beyond Earth - Laura K Barger, Harvard Medical School, USA
- Shift work and the effectiveness of different coping strategies - Jill Dorrian
- The relationship between off-site on-call shifts and sleep, mood and vigilance among doctors - Doctors On-Call (DOC) study - Raymond Wong
- Assessment of fitness to drive in Counties Manukau sleep patients - Alison Goldthorpe
- Cough syncope: A case series. Last line of defence for fatigue related motor vehicle crashes? - Suzy Guo
Full or Associate Member - $80AUD
Student Member - $20AUD
Non-Member - $180AUD
To view the full presentation recordings, click Add to Cart below, then check out your cart to finalise your order. You will need to be logged in with your member details, or create an account on this website, to complete your order.