Effective, essential and employable: the role of mindfulness and acceptance-based therapies in management of sleep disorders
The two-hour Sleep Week insomnia and sleep health session includes presentations and discussion useful for researchers, clinicians and students.
Jason Ong examines the applicability of mindfulness-based therapies (MBT) to improve outcomes related to various sleep disorders. The presentation will highlight different MBT approaches, with a specific focus on specialised Mindfulness Based Therapy for Insomnia that combines elements from MBT and Cognitive Behaviour Therapy for Insomnia (CBT-I). The presentation includes a summary of recent research on applicability of MBT approaches in context of different sleep disorders as well as how the accessibility and adherence to the treatments can be improved.
Principles of Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) are discussed by speaker Eric Morris, with elaboration on how these principles can be translated into clinical practice for sleep disorders. Useful act approaches will be explored for treating insomnia in adults, particularly in individuals that may have co-existing conditions such as Autism Spectrum
Disorder, depression and bipolar disorder.
Both speakers engage in a discussion on current treatment issues in clinical practice and future integration of MBT or ACT interventions in clinical sleep treatments.
- Applicability of mindfulness-based therapies to improve outcomes related to various sleep disorders - Jason Ong (Northwestern University USA)
- Principles of Acceptance and Commitment Therapy - Eric Morris
- Sleep in the time of COVID-19: Impact of a global pandemic on sleep and mental health - Melinda Jackson
- An evaluation of wind farm noise effects on sleep using validated objective and subjective sleep assessment: a systematic review and meta-analysis - Tessa Liebich
- The effect of body position on maternal cardiovascular function during sleep and wakefulness in late pregnancy - Danielle Wilson
- A double-blind placebo controlled, randomised cross-over evaluation of medicinal cannabis for treating insomnia symptoms - Jennifer Walsh
- Sleep misperception among older adults suffering from insomnia with short and normal objective sleep duration and the effects of Cognitive Behaviour Therapy - Nicole Lovato
Full or Associate Member - $80AUD
Student Member - $20AUD
Non-Member - $180AUD
To view the full presentation recordings, click Add to Cart below, then check out your cart to finalise your order. You will need to be logged in with your member details, or create an account on this website, to complete your order.