Obstructive sleep apnoea in children
- Definition of OSA in children
- How many children are effected?
- What are the causes of sleep apnoea?
- Differences between adults and children with respect to OSA.
- What questions should we be asking the parents?
- What do we need to look for?
- Child growth and serial growth charts
- Red flags – behaviour
- How do we make the diagnosis?
- Sleep studies and referral
- Other options
Take home messages
- Be aware that sleep apnoea can occur in children.
Listen to the podcast here: https://www.goodfellowunit.org/podcast/obstructive-sleep-apnoea-children