Full Time Respiratory Technologist
Darwin Respiratory and Sleep Health is seeking qualified applicants to join our team as full time Sleep/Respiratory technologist based in Darwin.
The applicant is required to participate in a 24 hour roster, conducting overnight diagnostic, ambulatory and CPAP/Bi-Level studies in both adults and children. The ideal applicant will be required to analyse the sleep studies and will be able to work independently. Excellent communication and organisational skills, as well as flexibility to adapt to the organisations’ needs is highly essential. Experience or qualifications in pulmonary function testing is highly desirable.
- Qualifications or equivalent in Bachelor of Human Health Science/Human Physiology, Nursing or Respiratory Science
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of continuous experience in well-established sleep lab
- Registered Polysomnographic Technologist (RPSGT) certification and proficiency in Polysomnography analysis as per the American Academy of Sleep Medicine standards (AASM)
- Able to perform continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP) titration polysomnography (PSG) and Bi Level studies as well as analysing the data
- Willing to undergo a pre-employment police check and obtain working with children card (ochre card)
- Experience or credentialing in performing pulmonary function testing
- Ability to become member of Australasian Sleep Technologists Association (ASTA)
- Professional credentialing from the Board of Registered Polysomnographic Technologists (BRPT)
- Willingness to participate in education/quality control/research
- Driver’s license and willingness to travel to remote communities
Preference will be given to experienced sleep/respiratory applicants who may best suit our organisation. Initial training will be provided for the first weeks to adapt to the new environment. Salary scale will depend on experience and skills starting around $55,000.
Please apply to:
Darwin Respiratory and Sleep Health,
Darwin Private Hospital, 105,
Rocklands Drive, Tiwi, NT. 0810.
Phone: 08-89206306, Fax: 89206309