Sleep Physicians Council
Co-Chair: John Swieca
Co-Chair: Simon Frenkel
Email: [email protected]
- Supporting the practice of state of the art, multidisciplinary care of patients with sleep disorders.
- Advise the ASA on issues pertaining to delivery of high quality sleep medicine care, for both salaried and non-salaried physicians.
- Give guidance to colleagues who provide complex sleep medicine services, in areas of professional and business practice.
- Encourage the incorporation of novel approaches in everyday sleep practice - including the mature and balanced use of consumer-grade sleep monitoring devices, web-based educational tools and online patient treatment resources.
- Promote educational and research programs to enhance the quality of multidisciplinary sleep medicine services.
- Promote the establishment of coordinated care in sleep medicine practices, to recognise the complexity with which patients are presenting, given the maturity of public awareness of sleep disorders.
- Encourage non-salaried sleep physicians to collaborate with their colleagues in all areas of sleep practice including membership of and involvement with the ASA.
- Create frameworks for assisting the transition of established and future Fellows of the RACP (Respiratory & Sleep Medicine) from salaried to non-salaried environments.