Full Membership includes:
- Can promote themselves as a "Member of the ASA"
- Access to the Members Area website, containing additional sleep related content
- Access to and inclusion in our Members Directory
- Inclusion in our Sleep Services Directory (available to general public)
- Biannual ASA Newsletter, Regular e-newsletters
- Free on-line access to the Journal of Sleep Medicine
- Access to the Members Only Facebook Forum, allowing an opportunity to interact on matters of interest/concern to other ASA Members
- Reduced pricing for our Annual Scientific Meeting, Conference and Trade Show
- Access to scholarships
- Eligibility to join any Council
- Right to vote on association issues as presented at Annual General Meetings.
- Ability to be elected to the ASA Board
- Ability to become involved in ASA Board Committees, Subcommittees and Working Groups
- Ability to support/second membership applications
Conditions of application
Persons seeking to become a Full Member must be nominated and seconded by a current Full or Emeritus member. At the time of application, a letter or email nominating and seconding your application must be provided.
If an individual feels they are eligible for full membership, but is not in a position to get two full members to nominate and second their application, then a CV should be forwarded in lieu of the nomination form. Two members of the Board will then consider this application and, if appropriate, nominate and second the application.
Nomination / Seconding Form to support full membership
You can apply Online! The online application process will give you immediate access to Sleep Association member benefits and will only take you 5 minutes to complete. You will require a valid email address for confirmation.