A Student member of ASA is expected to take Full Membership once their study is completed and they meet the necessary requirements.
Advanced Trainees (i.e. those physicians currently undertaking on the job training to become Sleep Physicians) can become Associate members only, as they are not classified as students.
Student Membership includes
- Biannual ASA Newsletter
- Regular e-newsletters
- Access to our Members Area website, containing additional sleep related content
- Access to and inclusion in our Members Directory
- Free online access to the Journal of Sleep Medicine
- Access to the Members Only Facebook Forum, allowing an opportunity to interact on matters of interest/concern to other ASA Members
- Reduced pricing for our Annual Scientific Meeting, Conference and Trade Show
- Access to scholarships
- Eligibility to join any Council
Student members do not have association voting rights, are not eligible to be elected to the ASA Board and cannot promote themselves as a Member of the ASA on any personal or professional literature or products.
Conditions of application
At the time of application of a Student Membership, a letter or email from your academic supervisor must be provided, confirming your student status and enrolment in a suitable course of study. A copy of your current and valid student identification card (or similar) must also be provided.
The below form is provided for completion prior to making your online application for membership.
Certification by Supervisor Form