A Student member of ASA is expected to take Full Membership once their study is completed and they meet the necessary requirements.
Advanced Trainees (i.e. those physicians currently undertaking on the job training to become Sleep Physicians) can become Associate members only, as they are not classified as students.
Student Membership includes
- Access to the Learning Centre for free or heavily discounted educational content on demand and in real time
- Free webinars
- Discounted access to state meetings and other educational opportunities
- Regular e-news
- Free online journal access to :the Journal of Sleep Medicine, SLEEP and Sleep Advances
- Reduced pricing for our annual conference, Sleep DownUnder
- Eligibility to submit abstracts for Sleep DownUnder
- Eligibility to apply for scholarships and awards
- Ability to contribute through joining committees, subcommittees and working groups
- involvement in as many special interest Councils as you choose
- Opportunity to provide input to our advocacy activities.
Student members do not have association voting rights, are not eligible to be elected to the ASA Board and cannot promote themselves as a Member of the ASA on any personal or professional literature or products.
Conditions of application
At the time of application of a Student Membership, a letter or email from your academic supervisor must be provided, confirming your student status and enrolment in a suitable course of study. A copy of your current and valid student identification card (or similar) must also be provided.
The below form is provided for completion prior to making your online application for membership.
Certification by Supervisor Form